These hints and tips are intended to help the children enjoy the mascot visit. Some children love it, and some need a little more time to adjust to their favorite character visiting them at a party!!!
- Enter the room slowly and carefully, and keep the mascot at a distance from the children initially, until the children themselves start to approach the mascot.
- It is recommended the children are invited to approach the mascot. It is not recommended to allow the mascot to approach the children. Mascot is better off waving to them from a distance at first.
- Do not ‘pat’ the children on the head or pick them up too soon, until they are used to the mascot being around.
- It’s best not to speak…but to wave, hug, pose for photos, walk around etc.
- Don’t let little ones see you remove the costume, or put it on.
- Don’t let older siblings bully the mascot!
- Be careful if mascots are carrying cakes or objects, as they may not be that steady!
- Have an adult/responsible person chaperone the mascot, to ensure they have a clear path.
But above all else, enjoy the mascot and take lots of photos!
Enjoy! Bain sult astu!